Biogelx are Recruiting! We’re Looking for a Business Development Manager to Join the Team.
Biogelx is an early stage biomaterials company focused on the design and manufacture of a range of tunable peptide hydrogels capable of mimicking the properties of various tissue types. Our patented hydrogel technology is based on short, functional peptides, and these materials are being utilised across a range of cell culture applications including 3D cell-based assays, 3D bioprinting and regenerative medicine (www.biogelx.com). The company is now at a vital stage of growth as it expands into the emerging 3D bioprinting market through the development of a synthetic peptide bio-ink.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Business Development Manager to join the team.
Biogelx are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial Business Development Manager who will work as part of the Biogelx sales & marketing team to drive sales, develop and evaluate sales strategies as well as identifying new business opportunities to generate and nurture leads/opportunities.
The candidate should have business development experience and will be responsible for steering the commercialisation strategy to increase company growth and sales capacity. This pivotal position will provide commercial expertise to drive our current technology portfolio whilst helping to develop and deliver the overall business strategy of the company in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Market research to identify new opportunities for Biogelx’s products within defined target markets.
- Providing initial customer support and responding to and following up leads generated through marketing, trade show/conference attendance and inbound customer requests.
- Plan and meet with customers, make presentations, prepare proposals and negotiate to achieve a successful outcomes.
- Increase awareness of the brand
- Maintain and capture customer/lead opportunities in the CRM database.
- Manage multiple proposal processes to completion.
- Attend meetings, trade shows and conferences globally to present the technology to prospects and clients.
- Work with the Senior Management, Technical Operations as well as the business development team to develop market entry strategies and revenue channels.
- Work closely with Marketing to support implementation of Marketing Plan including website and digital marketing strategy
- Provide market feedback into our internal organisation (Voice of Customer) to support the development of our R&D and Marketing Strategies.
- Coordinate and project manage R&D collaborations and grant funding applications. This will include providing commercial input to support the writing of customer proposals and funding applications.
- Regularly report and feedback to the CEO & Board.
- A minimum of three years relevant business development experience.
- Demonstrated experience selling highly differentiated products in a highly competitive market sector with a consultative sales approach.
- Prior experience in these areas would be advantageous though not essential; life sciences, biotechnology, 3D cell culture, 3D bioprinting and Tissue Engineering & Regeneration and Drug Delivery.
- Alternatively, if you have a science-based education and relevant experience in sales or account management, you would also be a good fit.
- The candidate will be persuasive with good negotiation and business skills.
- Enjoys working as part of a team and interacting regularly with customers/end users
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Keen to take on new challenges with an ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Have the confidence to challenge existing systems & processes.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Any interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV. Closing date for applications is 25th October 2019.
We encourage applications from the right candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race.
++NO AGENCIES PLEASE++
Read more about the company, products and business development team here: