Biogelx is looking for an Early Stage Researcher to work on the development of realistic 3D cancer modelsLeave a Comment
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Early Stage Researcher – Development of Peptide Hydrogels for Use in Anti-Cancer Strategies
Biogelx is an early stage biomaterials company focused on the design and manufacture of a range of tunable peptide hydrogels capable of mimicking the properties of various tissue types. The patented hydrogel technology is based on short, functional peptides, and these materials are being utilized across a range of cell culture applications including 3D cell-based assays, 3D bioprinting and regenerative medicine (www.biogelx.com).
Biogelx are looking for an Early Stage Researcher to work on the development of realistic 3D cancer models using peptide hydrogel technology. These models will be used to test the delivery and effectiveness of bioorthogonal catalytic systems for the treatment of cancer. The contract will be within the framework of the THERACAT Marie Skłodowska-Curie European Training Network (H2020-MSCA-ITN-2017, Project 765497), whose objective is to train a new generation of early-stage researchers on new bioorthogonal catalysis-based cancer therapies. To achieve this ambitious goal, the successful candidate will collaborate with eight ITN partner groups both from academia and industry.
The successful candidate will develop interdisciplinary skills including:
– Peptide synthesis and hydrogel preparation and characterization
– Therapeutic nanoparticle delivery strategies
– Cell culture and 3D in vitro cancer model development
Requirements for candidates:
– Degree and Master on any field in chemistry, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, or similar
– Expertise in cell culture
– Multidisciplinary attitude
– Self-critical, capacity to learn and bring knowledge
– Ability to organise and prioritise own research within a project schedule and willingness to work flexibly to achieve project demands.
– Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date laboratory records
– High level of English and strong communication skills
– Willingness to travel and adopt flexible working practices where required. There will be a number of secondments as part of the project (potentially for several months at a time and in different countries) so this is a key requirement.
Marie-Curie fellowship Mobility requirements (*please apply only if you fulfill these*)
– At the time of recruitment by Biogelx, candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work or studies) in the UK for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.
– The candidate should be an ‘early stage researcher’ (i.e. in the first four years of his/her research career and not have a doctoral degree.
– Full-time 3-year contract. Very competitive salary. Estimated starting date: November 2018
– Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high quality, highly collaborative international scientific environment
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30 SEP 2018 (ref. theracat).
(EURAXESS Job Offer id: 334185)
THERACAT: The use of Bio-orthogonal catalysis for cancer therapy
Advanced in vitro models and Bioengineered Cancer Tissue
The power of peptides: short sequences to promote cell-adhesion to synthetic materials
The Power of Peptides: Peptide-based Hydrogels for the Culture of Primary Neurons